Monday, December 28, 2009

Up Above the World so High

Greetings from above earth! I am currently in flight from SLC to Portland where I have a layover and will then head to Tokyo en route to Bangkok. Delta now provides WiFi on some flights so i thought I'd take advantage of the free trial and blog from a different angle! :-)

I'm flying over the most magnificent snow covered mountains. They look so inviting from way up here! I'm tempted to book a snow trekking excursion to explore the beauties of the earth more closely. Snowshoeing across the powdery, marshmallow like snow or perhaps being pulled in a sled by dogs sounds so exciting!..but then I remember how frigid that would be and so I decide to enjoy the view from the warmth of the plane. How magnificent are God's creations!

I was a little nervous last night as I looked over all my purchases and gifts (a bed cover, new sheets, clothes, peanut butter, instant oatmeal, bath towels, etc.) and wondered if I could really make it all fit into my 2 suitcases! After some very strategic packing I made it work...but had a sick feeling that i was overweight. Upon arrival to the airport my fears were confirmed. I was 6 lbs over. I couldn't bear the thought of leaving behind the peanut butter so I found a way to fit it into the smaller suitcase which I then had to sit on to close and VOILA!!! I get to take all my happy new things!

Well...we are descending into Portland so I need to shut down. How fun to blog from the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment