Friday, March 26, 2010

Heroes Among Us

Today was a sad day. I met a man who carried 2 abandoned children he'd never met before over land to "safety" despite the risk to his own safety. What a heroic thing to do. I hope I adequately expressed to him my gratitude and respect. I continue to be amazed at the people I encounter and the work I am engaged in.

I believe there is a God and that he is acutely aware of each of us. I believe it brings tears to his eyes to see how inhumane we are to each other at times. I believe that there will be justice.

I also believe that there are angels among us. I believe each one of us can be those angels if we do what's right...if we listen to that still, small voice within us, whispering so softly that we have to be listening in order to hear it. Sometimes we don't understand why it's telling us to do the things it does but if we follow the instructions we are given it will soon become clear that someone needed our help. Today I am particularly grateful to all those who listened and reached out to helped me at very critical moments and throughout my life.

Today I pray for the abandoned children throughout the world. May there be someone to love them and care for each one. And if there is no one may there be an angel assigned to watch over and comfort them.

3 comments:

  1. Very well put Elissa. Thanks for sharing your wonderful insight! It reminds me of Mary Ellen Edmunds story of Buckets and Dippers. She said we each have a bucket and we should spend our time filling each others buckets instead of being dippers and taking from other people's buckets. May the Lord continue to bless you in all the work you do, because I consider you one of the angles among us :)

    ReplyDelete