Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Troops Moving In

It's Wednesday morning. I've been off work since Thursday at 3:00. I've been keeping up on the news by watching CNN, reading the Bangkok Post, The Nation and reading other sites online to stay updated on the happenings in an area I used to go to my Thai language classes and enjoy the large park in that area.

Since Thursday things have been heating up. Well, this morning I woke up (I have to admit that it has been nice to sleep in!) and turned on CNN only to see footage of troops rolling into the area of the protests, knocking down barricades and trying to stablize the area of tension. There are gun shots, lots of smoke from the burning tires and bank has caught fire.

It is strange to watch what is going on just couple of miles from me. But do not worry, I am safe. I might go stircrazy but I'm safe.

While I've been sitting here in my apartment I have been afforded the opportunity to chat with many people I haven't had direct contact with since I left the US (or longer). I appreciate these opportunities to hear updates on your lives and I'm so glad to hear that people are actually reading my ramblings! :-)

Well, I guess that is all for now. Time for me to find something else to do.

Oh, I just got a txt from the embassy stating the the security situation is deteriorating in areas closer to my house. Praying for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment