Sunday, October 17, 2010

1 Year Anniversary

Yesterday marked the end of my first year in Thailand. I can't believe its been a whole year! As I look back over all that has happened I am so pleased at all I was able to fit in! And so grateful for the amazing experience it has been. From massages, to manicures, to elephant rides, to lazy days on the beach and amazing diving adventures, to being in 7 different countries, to visits from family and friends, to making new "family" and friends, to my first karaoke experience, to numerous markets, new foods, learning to accept the discomfort of constantly sweating, challenging my body in a new exercise program, and challenging my patience serving in church working with the children and growing to love them dearly, and challenging my intellect while learning a new language and my professional skills while learning a new job and the list goes on and on and on! My heart is so full. I'm definitely looking forward to all the challenge, adventure and excitement that lies in wait for the next year.

A huge thank you to IRC who gave me the chance to be here, to those of you who encouraged me as I worked through the decision stages prior to my move and those of you who have supported me through your friendship (whether near or far) while I transitioned from my comfort zone to find comfort in my new zone. And most importantly, a mighty thank you to my God and Savior who are constantly by my side offering guidance and direction and a lift as often as I need it. Without them I am nothing. It is my faith that gives me the strength to be the woman I am. I dedicate my life to them through the work of my hands to help others. May my daily offering gain me favor in their sight, that they will continue to bless and strengthen me that I may continue easing the burdens of others and lifting their spirits.

Here's to the next 365 days and all the adventures awaiting me!


No comments:

Post a Comment